Monday, August 21, 2017

Home Sweet HOME!

No matter how MUCH we look forward to going somewhere - anywhere - 


It's ALWAYS a good thing to come home!
I spy! Can you SEE me??

We left New Orleans at 12:00 noon on Friday and pulled up in our driveway at 12:01 Saturday morning! It was a LONG drive! I drove ALL the way to Gulf Shores, Alabama and then I drove all but the last two and a half hours home. It was exhausting and I am still recovering.


We spent Saturday leisurely unpacking and putting things away.....that is AFTER we returned the rental car and ate a late breakfast at Joe's Coffee Shop.
We were both tired to the bone. Our Saturday highlight was watching the Dallas Cowboys play - and WIN!!! I know it doesn't count and it's just a pre season game - but it was fun!

Sunday morning I woke up late but still managed to get to church before Pastor Doug started preaching. Louis Dean was just not up to the hurry and scurry to get there since we had overslept.


I made Dilly Bits on Sunday afternoon.
They are a hit with all the grands and make a good substitute for croutons in our salads.
I was asleep by 10:00 Sunday night and didn't get up until 9:00 this morning.
AND I was STILL tired!
I just can't seem to shake the fatigue and a bit of the blues that goes with it.

We watched the solar eclipse on TV - seeing it in three different cities.
How thrilling to even see it on television - and I'm so happy some of my friends got to see it with their own eyes!


We enjoyed some unusual shadows between 1:00 - 1:30 here.


I'm slowly doing all the things I love to do.
Sprucing up the house and doing some cleaning along the way.


My Knight in Shining Armor caught me crying from sheer exhaustion and he sprang into action with his speedy drill and started doing as many repair jobs as he could find!
I am SO happy to have a brand new garbage disposal humming in my kitchen sink!
I have been using only one side of the double sink since Easter.
It took him less than an hour to fix it - but months to gather up the courage to tackle it!
I totally understand!


I know I have missed a few days in my journal posts but all is well with the Chapman's tonight.
Can you see me again??
This has been a no make up day and I have barely even combed my hair.
I DID put on earrings and perfume!


Everyone feels sad from time to time.
I'm being honest when I share that I have felt sad and experienced some of that 'numbing static in my head.'
The thing is - feelings are just feelings.
They are neither right or wrong.
They are feelings.
I think it's important to feel them.....and then release them.




17 comments:

Kathy said...

That is a long drive! I wouldn't want to do it. I had a hard time driving to Virginia 6 years ago and that was only 8 hours. No wonder you are tired! At least you are home in your own bed and can sleep as late as you like.

Your house is looking so very autumny. And yes, I did see you in that picture.

Jan said...

Glad you are safely back home. I totally understand that feeling of being so exhausted that you are in tears. Those eclipse shadows are so neat. Your house is starting to look like fall. I am so ready!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Exhaustion takes time to get over. Sleep as much as you need too, but also rest when you're awake, and only do things that give you joy! Like preparing for September 1st! 😊

Linda said...

I love your house best of all during the fall. I still want to do a little fall decorating but with Velcro stuck to me shopping is not an option. Perhaps you're sad because you're entering a new phase with the quads. You've devoted a lot of time to them these last five years and now they're starting school, no longer babies. I know you're also concerned about Summer's situation. I do hope she's experiencing some relief by now. Do you feel like painting more? When do you plan to be a country girl again?

Blondie's Journal said...

It's odd how vacations and trips take the wind out of our sails. Still, you and LD have great memories and you have recovered.

Jane x

Ginny Hartzler said...

HERE you ARE! I was getting worried! But I did figure you were just exhausted from the big vacation. I think along with physical exhaustion can also come mental, as well. We do not snap back as fast as we did when we were young, so it will likely take you quite awhile till you are back to the old Linda. But I love you either way! Now, sleep, rest, and do whatever you feel like.

Arlene G said...

Take time to rest Linda...when we are tired our mind can just run away with us!! Looking forward to seeing your fall decor. Here in Decatur, it got dark rather like a cloudy day then the sun came back. It was very exciting even though we did not have totality here.

Vee said...

Well, yes, you have nicely described the sadness that comes after a high like a much-anticipated vacation. May you feel more rested and then get ready for making some new fun plans! (I have always found that having things to look forward to makes a big difference.) Louis Dean's answer for the blues is wonderful! ☺️

MadSnapper said...

I hope you get a day or two of rest and that it brings you back to your normal YOU.. we love YOU.. i like that gun in LD's hand, made me laugh.. reminds me of Clint Eastwood. he he he.... and Bob is like that, takes weeks/months to get him started on a job that is not that hard.. and like you i understand because i have been putting off for way to long the cleaning of the dusty glass nook. i can literally pull dust off with my fingers... unlike YOU that loves to clean i really despise it

Changes in the wind said...

Enjoyed this post and many wise words were spoken here.

Gypsy Heart said...

I so understand! Being away and having fun is wonderful but honestly, there's nothing like coming home and sleeping in your own bed. I really hope that you will take time to rest! Your body, mind and soul need it.

xo
Pat

Andrea said...

I love reading your posts, Linda. I understand being so exhausted that the tears start to flow... and I'm glad you have a Knight in Shining Armour too. :-) xoxo Welcome home!!

Carole said...

Hope you get over the effects of that long drive soon. Maybe some glasses of wine and some B vitamins! Cheers

Hootin Anni said...

You have been mighty busy what with the trip and then gussying up the sweet home already. Your energy is boundless!!!

Love the Fall decor that is appearing here and there. Hope that is a good sign to have some cooler temps coming our way!!!

Welcome back to good ol' Texas.

Bluebird49 said...

The packing up and driving were both tiring, I know. All the fun with Amber, Mike and quads, and Mike's mom and dad---wonderful, memory making moments---but everyone would be tired out.
The quads are growing, but we feel we lose bit of our grand kids when they're old enough to go to school!

The drive back included a night in NO, which was charming and a bit tiring! The drive back home, returning vehicles, etc---a tiring bother. ;)
Worrying about Summer and her continual mis--diagnosis! makes you feel worse....hence more feelings!
And, as much the relief and joy you felt in getting your Mother into a safe, caring, lovely place---I'm sorry--it comes with "feelings" that need to be sorted out. Another huge change in your family's life, and although I know you are all relieved, I remember all the stress and weepy times I went through to have her where she lost all her independence she had had for so very long. We know the older we get, it's harder getting used to a lot of things! But we have God's grace and love right here, with us still! Praise the Lord, He is with us!
Oh---and maybe a few more tears, and that big, strong man there, with a drill in his hands and twinkle in his eyes, will do everything he can there to stop your tears! He has such boyish look sometimes! ❤
Thanks for posting even when you're exhausted!

Bluebird49 said...

Oh Linda, I mentioned about my mom in there but left the word out!

UplayOnline said...

Maybe some glasses of wine and some B vitamins! Cheers


หีฟิต