Friday, September 16, 2016

Tea Party Happiness and Popcorn Crunch! Our Friday!

It's always a GOOD thing when you make your bed up! That means you do NOT have plans to return before night time. Not only did I make my bed up for the first time in 9 days.....I also got dressed in REAL clothes and fixed my face and hair!!


Whoo HOO!!


This morning I had company coming for tea!


It was Tea For Two with my good friend, Lynn!
I had the tea and she brought the sweets!


Let me tell you these peaches were DELICIOUS!!!!
BBQ Peaches!
A little butter, a little brown sugar, a little dash of rum.......
Yum! YUM!!!
I have GOT to make some of these!!!
It was fun like a party and I enjoyed every single minute.
After Lynn left, I didn't even take a nap. NOPE! I did a little of this and a little of that and felt more like myself than I have in a long time.


Another Birthday Box arrived today!
This one is from my friend, Dawn, down in Florida.
I am ever so excited that I will be going to Florida this fall to meet my Jutta and visit with some of my Florida friends!
I sent this photo to Amber and told her I'm all ready for a Wine and Cheese Tasting Party!!
Would YOU like to join us?


My next activity was popping corn with the brand new air popper Louis Dean picked up on one of his rare visits to a thrift store with Ruth Ann and me back last spring.
It popped every single kernel!


I made a batch of Popcorn Crunch!!
I could eat that all day long!
So I boxed it all up in a big tin to keep it fresh for a popcorn and movie treat!

Popcorn Crunch
1 stick of butter
2 cups of sugar
2 Tablespoons of white corn syrup
2 Tablespoons of water

Boil all of this together and  keep stirring and cooking until the mixture starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. It takes awhile.
Pour over the popped corn and stir to coat.
Dump onto wax paper lined cookie sheets and let cool. 
Break into pieces and store in airtight container.

This is SERIOUSLY good!!

In other news, Louis Dean and I were watching the season finale of Suits when Cousin Joe came over. Louis Dean was a happy HAPPY man when he looked out there and saw his Big White Truck in the driveway!!!


Tonight LD made a fire for us and we sat out in the gazebo like old times.


It felt a little bit like we were camping what with the night sounds and the campfire smell!
I don't know what it is but I just seem to write better outside and before I knew it I had completed a chapter of my book.


And then - since I was already out here - I thought I would go ahead and do my journal entry for the day. It feels GOOD to feel good!



17 comments:

Linda said...

It's nice to see you enjoying what's left of September. Good to see you writing again. I'm always glad when I feel like dressing again after being sick. At least some of the time the big white truck was missing LD was sick and wouldn't have been able to drive it anyway. Leaves are beginning to turn here. Fall, my favorite season, is in the air.

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm so happy you are feeling better again and getting back into your groove---please don't overdo it.

I love a made bed. I don't think I've ever NOT made the bed in the 30 years I've been married. Even while sick, I like a clean crisp bed and a nice throw or blanket. Weird, eh?

I love your gazebo and your pictures of you and LD relaxing make me wish I lived in a climate where I could enjoy starry nights like this longer.

Take care, Linda!

MadSnapper said...

yum on the peach, we love Suits and it just ended to quickly, seems it just got going and it is gone. Real clothes? WOW and a tea party... you are BACK

Susie said...

Linda, You look so cute out there writing your story. I for one can't wait to buy the book. So glad LD has his truck back home and that you both are feeling so much better. Blessings to you and LD, love you both, xoxo, Susie

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

You are both feeling better! And now LD's truck is back! You are looking great. How fun to have tea with a friend.

Enjoy your weekend!

Changes in the wind said...

So glad you both are back feeling good and enjoying life.

Cheapchick said...

So glad you are feeling better!

Ginny Hartzler said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you are back to normal so quickly! Compared to the first foot. You being YOU again is just so upbeat and so much fun. Your tea table is beautiful and fall-ish!

Nita said...

I'm so happy you're getting back to yourself ! Those peaches sound delicious ! Keep up the good healing !

bj said...

OOO, I know...when you've felt bad for awhile and then...you feel good again...it's the most wonderful feeling. I am sooo glad you are feeling so much beter. bless your heart...
Popcorn crunch sounds awesome and I'm gonna make us some, too. xoxo

Diana Ferguson said...

Linda, it's good to hear you are getting back to where you feel like doing fun things!

Vee said...

Oh it is good that you have turned that corner. Course you've been so chipper right along that I hadn't realized that there was a corner to turn. =D You're stoic that way!

mary scott said...

Good to learn you are feeling so well! thanks, mary in Dallas

Carol said...

So glad to see the two of you enjoying such a pleasant time at home. I am glad you are feeling well and I pray that you continue to feel better daily.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Back outside together - both of you must be feeling better. Keep being so very kind to your foot and you while it heals. Hugs.
Joy

Judy said...

And it is so good to hear you are feeling 'good'!

Penny said...

Lovely to hear that younarevstartingntonfeel better again. A whole day out of bed is a great sign! X