Saturday, December 13, 2014

Saturday!!! A Party, Texas Trash, Constant Comment and Louis Dean!!!

It was a WONDERFUL December Saturday from START to FINISH!!!


The weather here in Texas was a balmy 70 degrees!!
Warm enough to merit a glass of ICED Constant Comment Tea - my all time favorite!


While Louis Dean worked outside on getting our ponds cleaned up and running  today,  I worked inside making Texas Trash! It's a glorified Chex Mix recipe only using MORE of everything!!!
MORE is ALWAYS better!!!

I was cutting it close what with decorating, making trash, baking cookies and getting ready for the first party of the season!!!


It was a Texas Fun Gals Group Christmas Party!!!!
Lots of sweet cookies for our cookie exchange!


Plenty of snacks and treats!!!


We had an 'Ugly Sweater' contest!
This is Shelly in her PRETTY sweater!!


She did not win.....too pretty!


This is Debbie who is the person who formed Fun Gals group and to whom I am so indebted that she adopted me into it!!!


 While I LOVE her sweater - she didn't win either!


THIS was the WINNER!!!!
Her HUSBAND made it for her!!!


SHE was the QUEEN for the night and THE most photographed gal there!


The Chinese 'White Elephant' Tree was loads of fun!!!


Everyone had so much fun!!!


I was hoping no one would steal the gift I wanted before it was my turn!



THIS was the gift I took - right off my den wall!
I am happy it found a new home!

I was THE last person to choose and came home with a bag of Bath and Body Works things!!!
TOTALLY not a White Elephant!!! Unless the giver is allergic to them!!


I came home and changed into my work clothes and started in on my decorating!


Just a few more strands of lights!!!!


I think I am DONE!!!


I finished my Texas Trash - and watching A Royal Christmas from the Hallmark Channel - before retiring to the gazebo.


Louis Dean was in the mood to play a little music.



My favorite!







I have enjoyed - and savoured - every single minute of this December Saturday!
Our Sunday School had a party tonight and we had planned to go.
However, to truly enjoy the season, I think LESS can be better!
I tend to over schedule and I ALWAYS think I can do more than I can!
Today I decided to party with the ladies I already KNOW and to spend the rest of the evening with my dearly beloved. I think I made a wise choice.
Never forget! We ALWAYS have CHOICES!!!







12 comments:

Deb said...

So happy you are part of our group! Darn that Gloria taking your painting from me ...but it did go to a good home...looking forward to Tuesday!!!

Stacey said...

Your day sounds wonderful. I think it's so smart to remember that we have choices about our time. When life gets crazy it's perfectly great to say no to one thing or another. Thanks for that reminder. :)

Debby said...

I used to be in a group like that. Christmas was so fun with them.
I can tell you love to decorate.
Enjoy every minute.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your table is beautiful with the pretty Christmas tablecloth and little tree!! Yikes, I commented so late on your last post that now the new one is here! I was making up bags of Christmas candy for Phil's Sunday School class. I layered in several different kinds and they really look pretty! I also went shopping and bought a new Christmas sweater for the church dinner. HEY!!! We LOVE Constant Comment, it is our favorite tea! We always have a box! But I never thought about making ice tea with it. Louis Dean is a super musician!

Kathy said...

Thank you, Louis Dean, for the great concert. I truly enjoyed hearing him play and sing. Your party looks like so much fun! And so much food!

You are right, sometimes we just have to say "no" to things. I think you made a wise choice.

MadSnapper said...

I had to laugh when i saw your title Texas Trash because my post title today is Pool Trash, i must say i prefer your trash to mine.
I enjoyed the concert and now we know why the quads are so happy when he sings to them... music in their lives is so important, i had none in my growing up years. i agree about saying no to some things and picking what you will enjoy the most... sounds like a perfect day and all those ugly sweaters are really creative...and really not so ugly.. just cute and funny...

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I agree about over scheduling. I like stress free! What a fun time you had both with your Texas Fun Gals group and Louis Dean.

Deanna

Hootin Anni said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! Every minute here...of course, your blog is always fun to read/visit.

Susie said...

Linda, that still was a busy day. Can you please bottle your vim and vigor and send me a quart. LOL I loved your party. The topped to a great day ...love songs from LD. Girl you got it all. I just feel so happy when I come to your blog. It's lots of love and friendship. Bless you, xoxo,Susie

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Ugly sweater parties are the best, and you definitely scored a great gift too!

Judy said...

Sounds like a fun and perfect kind of day! And yes...we always have choices! Now...what exactly goes in your Texas Trash? Out our way we call it...nuts and bolts. Mine is still waiting to be made!

Carla said...

Well lady that painting was not a white elephant gift. I would have stolen that painting. LOL You are very talented.
Looks like y'all had fun.