Sunday, August 31, 2014

I am so EXCITED About TOMORROW!!!! Only A Wake up Away!!!

As August comes to a close, I am so excited about tomorrow!
Louis Dean and I woke up this morning fully aware that it is the very last day of August!
In my mind it is the last day of summer!
We made it to church on time this morning for the service.
Never mind that we MEANT to be there for Sunday School.
After church we stopped by Quadville (since we were only 5 minutes away!) to see everyone.
Home for a nap and then I was up preparing for tomorrow!!!


There is fresh candy corn in the candy dishes on the living room coffee table!


This was last year's dining room table centerpiece.
This year it will live in the living room.


Louis Dean requested that I NOT hang wreaths (debris) on the doll cabinets this year.
Okay!!! I won't just because he is so good about all the other debris around here!


The corner of the living room is all ready!
The stereo will be blaring out Neil Diamond music in the morning!


All dressed up for FALL!!!


THIS is Louis Dean's favorite room.
Probably because of his doll cabinet and collection.
I usually sit in the cream chair and he sits on the sofa and we end so many of our days here.
So while I was doing MY thing - what was Louis Dean doing?


He's been up in the attic for the last two days working on some electrical outlets and switches in my bathroom. 


This is our 'Family' wall.
Lots of history on it.


I put out ALL the fall! Pilgrims included!


I found this last month at a Goodwill!


I hope to replace these pumpkins with REAL ones soon.
The day I see REAL pumpkins in the stores is always a HAPPY time!!!


The dining room is dressed and ready for dinner!


A  fall dining room with a winter scene and a Santa on the easel.


Moving into the sewing room.......


the view from our gazebo.
I KNOW!!! I have a LOT of DEBRIS!!!


And on out to the gazebo which is where Louis Dean and I are now as I write.


The tablecloth and and owl were birthday gifts from my sister, Nita, in 2012.


We LOVE our gazebo!!
I sit on the left and he sits to the right.
I am blogging from the white rocker on the right.
Yes, it is 86 degrees at 11:00 at night. Still - I feel the hint of FALL in the air!!!


Celebrating the very LAST day of August!!!!

15 comments:

Kathy said...

I can't believe how fast August went. And tomorrow is Sept. 1 and Labor Day. I don't put all my fall stuff up at the same time. September is fall leaves, October is Halloween and November is Thanksgiving. I like changing out things so I don't get bored with them. Your house may be full of debris, but it's charming. Happy Sept. 1!

Deanie W said...

Happy September 1st:)

Ginny Hartzler said...

So how long did it take you to do it all? I know you did it on different days. Yes, the first thing I do is to put out candy corn in a fall dish or basket. Each room is so special and magical! We like Neil Diamond too! I saw him live in the 60's!

Lynne said...

It's just after midnight here in the Pacific Northwest! I am here to wish you the best September morn' yet! I can ALWAYS count on you to set the mood for Fall, dearest Linda!
Sing it out! Sing it strong!
~Lynne
withLove!

Estelle's said...

Miss Linda....I get the biggest kick out of your posts! Your personality just shines through in all of your décor! Happy and festive always! Blessing to you and your LD!

MadSnapper said...

enjoy your celebration of the first day of fall.... i wondered why he did not want wreathes on the doll cabinets. now i know... you are ready to roll into autumn

Changes in the wind said...

Love that family wall...would love to know more about that sometime.

Amber said...

Happy September 1st Mom!

Penny said...

A big day for you Linda, hope you enjoy it! I saw Neil Diamond a few years ago here in Scotland, we got last minute tickets and he was a true Showman, absolutely fantastic! X

Cheapchick said...

I love candied corn! It is harder to come by in Canada although it does surface every October. You are so excited - I am excited for you!

Jutta said...

In Finland NOBODY is excited to face September. Ever! It is awesome that in TX you are thrilled about it. For us it means entering of darkness, coldness, and well the end of the shine. :)

Wanda said...

Linda ~ Oh I love it all...It's lovely, beautiful, festive and so much more. Funny the difference between me and my dearest ~~ when I showed him your blog he said "Wow they must have a huge electric bill"~~ to which I replied ~ " HaHa, and DL is up in the attic putting in more plugs for Linda"" Your life makes me happy...you know what matters most!!

Diana Ferguson said...

Enjoyed the tour! And I'm with you...ready for FALL!!

Kelly said...

I know you've been waiting on this day for awhile now. I hope it was a good one. You are definitely ready for the upcoming season. Now, if the weather will just cooperate!

Gypsy Heart said...

Love all of it!!!

xo
Pat